Blue sky and the bright stars - Girish's Ramblings

Totally directionless and incoherent writings, teachings, and work of yet another life form on this planet - Girish Nagasandra (Wonder if I am the most advanced life form.. Douglas Adams might disagree.. hmm..)

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Movie Review: Rocket Singh - Aren't we sick of salesmen already?

“Do you have shixty seconds? Only shixty seconds?”

This is how the trailer of this movie starts – and a pretty well made trailer too, in my opinion. The trailer made me feel that this would be a different type of movie – and I wanted to watch this movie. I watched this movie last weekend, and the movie didn’t quite live up to my expectations.

Harpreet Singh Bedi, aka Rocket Singh (“Ranbir Kapoor”) is a recent graduate, who has just barely made it through the academia. He wants to give a shot at becoming a salesman, as he thinks he has the right qualities to become a successful salesman. He gets a job as a trainee salesman, and gets exposed to the non-ethical ways in which sales deals are made. He gets angered at this practice, and the rest of the movie has the story of his steps to “cleanse” the business.

Though I thought Ranbir has done well, the movie fails miserably. The story-line is very weak, and the music score is terrible. The title song, “Pocket mein rocket” does not even exist in the movie! Rocket Singh’s attempts at cleansing the business seem too impractical, even for a Bollywood movie. I found it very difficult to spend two hours in this movie – I was always hoping that the movie would end soon!

The movie is a let down, and I don’t recommend you to even consider watching this. Though there are some funny bits, the movie fails completely as a whole.

Recommendations
For frequent movie-goers: Don't Recommend
For moderate movie-goers: Don't Recommend
For rare movie-goers: Don't Recommend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home